Although Rhode Island drug rehab centers are quite effective, the most difficult step is the first: the person suffering from a history of drug or alcohol abuse realizing that withdrawal and detox are different conditions or effects. This is why a qualified program is needed. The main focus of detox programs is to first clear the alcohol or drugs out of the person’s system, which is what drug rehab centers in Rhode Island focus on doing through various methods such as alternative therapy, counseling, group therapy, counseling sessions and more.
Many cities in Rhode Island have detox centers for alcoholism, heroin addiction, marijuana addiction and oxycontin addiction. The centers are mainly located in the larger cities, like Newport and Providence. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the nation, but it still has a significant problem with drug addiction.. To counter it, it has drug rehab and detox programs located throughout the state of Rhode Island, able to suit any need.
Choosing a drug rehab or detox program in Rhode Island is simple when the proper research is done; the right rehab program can be found to suit the recovery and detox needs of an addict. Treatment centers have support staff available 24/7 to ease drug withdrawal, and outpatient programs are also available with counseling to deal with emotional issues that caused the drug addiction.
There are nearly as many types of treatment as there are treatment centers in Rhode Island, so it’s important to make sure what care is provided by a given rehab center; detox may not be available in some Rhode Island rehab centers, so they may have to refer patients to a nearby detox center. The answers given by the staff of a rehab center to questions will determine how go the program is for the addict’s needs. The time and cost of treatment will be profoundly effected.
In 2004, the largest age group that admitted themselves into treatment and intervention centers was between 36 and 40 years and made up about 16% of the total sample.
In that same year, 69.2% of alcohol and drug abuse patients in rehab centers in Rhode Island were male, and the other 30.8% were female. The second largest age group attending drug rehabilitation in Rhode Island was between the ages of 31-35, with 77% of the total sample being Caucasian.
The majority of patients go through inpatient and outpatient programs to combat their addiction, and attest to the effectiveness of a strong outpatient or followup program to help them avoid slipping back into old habits. Because extenuating circumstance often provokes the need to resort to drug and alcohol abuse, drug rehab treatment centers in Rhode Island use emotional counseling sessions to help patients learn to cope with the stressors that brought the addiction on. Drug rehab and detox are long processes, but with the right center, it can be made easier because of round-the-clock nursing care, an extensive knowledge of drug abuse and addiction. The curicculum also includes methods on how to deal with outside situations that may trigger, such as being approached by a friend.
Barrington – Bristol – East Greenwich – Warwick – West Warwick – Newport – Tiverton – Central Falls – Cranston – Cumberland Hill – East Providence – Greenville – Harmony – Harrisville – North Providence – Pascoag – Pawtucket – Providence – Valley Falls – Woonsocket – Ashaway – Bradford – Hope Valley – Kingston – Wakefield – West Kingston – Westerly